Thursday, January 27, 2011

do: VMFA



Last week, some friends from DC came down to meet T & me in Richmond for a trip to the Virginia Museum of Fine Art. I have fond memories of visiting the VMFA as a teenager, but it had been a while since I'd been back.


(pbs.org)
Our friend, Sara, is studying photography at the Corcoran College of Art + Design. She re-introduced me to the work of Virginia artist Sally Mann.


We also checked out the free exhibit "Fleeting Glimpse" (open until April 3), which featured work of many well-known contemporary photographers like Diane Arbus.


Of course, we had to stop by and check out the Fabergé collection. I bet you can guess why I liked this piece so much!


A beautiful window by Jacques Grüber.


Sara & T outside the amazing Art Deco collection.

We definitely could have spent all day at the museum, but somebody (ahem) kept mentioning Indian food, so we had to make a quick stop in Carytown before parting ways.

What exhibits have you seen recently?

No comments: